Keeping your family, home, and valuables safe when selling your house is very important. Below is a list of a few safety tips:
- Don’t allow strangers to view your home without a REALTOR®.
Only work with serious buyers, get their identification, and accompany them through your home.
- Leave lights on during showings.
This way buyers and REALTORS® can move safely through.
- Ask your neighbors to help keep an eye on your property.
When your house is on the market unusual activity is normal. Criminals take advantage of this.
- Request visitors enter and leave through the same door.
- Request visitors sign a guest book and have REALTORS® leave their business cards.
- After a showing, check all the windows, doors, and other entrances to make sure they are locked.
Here are a few things to make sure are safely secured:
- Credit Cards
- Paperwork with personal information
- Prescription drugs
- Family photos
For more home selling safety information, please contact Kim Cooper, REALTOR®, Select Brokers LLC.